Suspected Utah bank robbers killed man in Colorado, authorities say
UPDATE 5:30 PM 2/25: Arrest warrants have been issued for Matthew Anthony Fanelli, age 30, Jose Lopez Jovel, age 31, and Cynthia Sena, age 18.
DENVER (AP) — Attackers who killed a man in Colorado may have held up a store in Wyoming and a bank in Utah later the same day, authorities said.
The rampage began early Friday in Denver when a man was shot multiple times, and the attackers stole his black 2015 Cadillac sedan, police said.
The victim was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His name wasn’t released.
Two hours later, a black Cadillac was used in an armed robbery at a convenience store in Cheyenne, Wyoming, 100 miles (160 kilometers) north. Cheyenne police said two men robbed the store, and one of them fired a handgun twice. No one was injured.
The men took cash and merchandise and returned to the Cadillac, where a woman was waiting, police said.
Six hours after the Cheyenne robbery, the same men robbed a Wells Fargo bank in Park City, Utah, 440 miles (710 kilometers) west of Cheyenne, authorities said. One of the men was armed with a handgun, the Summit County, Utah, Sheriff’s Department said.
Deputies said the men drove away in a black Cadillac with the same Colorado license plate as the car stolen in Denver, and a woman may have been a passenger.
Authorities said they did not know what direction the car headed.
The FBI was assisting with the investigation.
This story has been corrected to show the robbery in Utah occurred six hours after the one in Cheyenne, not four hours.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition