Teen brothers killed in crash were not wearing seatbelts
WEST VALLEY CITY – Two teenage brothers from West Jordan who died in a head-on crash on 4100 South in West Valley City were not wearing seatbelts, according to police.
FATAL CRASH: just after midnight, a car eastbound on 4100 S crossed the center line at 4522 W for unknown reasons & crashed head on into a SUV. The car’s driver, 17yo Sage Snow, and his brother, 16yo Rylie Snow, died on scene. The SUV driver had non life threatening injuries. pic.twitter.com/51RwjVIeh4
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) March 1, 2019
The accident happened just after midnight near 4500 West when officers say 17-year-old Sage Snow drifted into the path of an SUV going the opposite direction. 16-year-old Rylie Snow was the passenger. The SUV driver has minor injuries.
West Valley Police Sgt. Wade Sanders says they’re investigating whether slick roads, construction, or something else was also a factor in the crash. “We do get accidents (on 4100 South), but this is not specifically a problem area.”
Crisis counselors are at West Jordan High School where Rylie Snow attended. They’ll be available for kids who knew Sage Snow when Valley High School opens back up on Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says