Say Cheese! Latest viral challenge has people cheesing babies
After a year of teenagers eating laundry detergent and driving with their eyes closed or jumping out of moving vehicles, the latest viral internet challenge now has people throwing cheese at babies.
Thankfully he likes cheese pic.twitter.com/5cE4SrgaR3
— shelbyjane (@shelbslord) February 28, 2019
The #cheesechallenge is now the latest viral challenge to take the internet by storm and it’s pretty simple: all you need is a slice of American cheese and an unsuspecting toddler.
The trend started on Thursday in a since-removed video by Twitter user @unclehxlmes. The video showed someone walking up to his unsuspecting younger sibling before flinging the slice of cheese into his face. The video had about 8 million views before it was taken down after it was discovered that @unclehxlmes wasn’t the original poster but stole it from a post he’d seen earlier on Facebook.
But that hasn’t stopped the rest of the internet from flooding the social sphere with thousands of videos just like this of people throwing pasteurized dairy product onto the faces of their unsuspecting children.
Some of the kids didn’t seem phased and even take a big bite afterward, some don’t know what’s going on, and some ended up shedding a tear or two after getting “cheesed.”
The fad isn’t just sticking around with those that have kids. Even pet owners are getting in on the action and are cheesing their dogs and cats, most of whom really enjoy the dairy slice.
— Kat Chapa (@KatChapa) March 3, 2019
— Amelia (@Amelia_424) March 3, 2019
— Stacey Nicole. (@Stacinatorrr) March 3, 2019
Some even improvised when no babies or cheese could be found.
— cass @ papers on papers (@tuskle_) March 1, 2019
— Kate (@TheHausElf) March 4, 2019
— Eddie Bowley (@Eddache_) March 1, 2019
The challenge does have its critics, though, with people calling it mean and criticizing parents that would do something like this to their babies.
Am I the only one who strongly dislike the #cheesechallenge ??
I find it unfunny and pretty violent for the baby …🙄😐
(If you don’t know this challenge ⤵⤵) pic.twitter.com/RmeuckY2CJ
— ℕ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕛𝕚𝕤🌙 (@Naartdjis) March 3, 2019
— Becca Gibson (@Beccagib09) March 3, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- How to keep the smoke from getting in your house
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered…