Say Cheese! Latest viral challenge has people cheesing babies
After a year of teenagers eating laundry detergent and driving with their eyes closed or jumping out of moving vehicles, the latest viral internet challenge now has people throwing cheese at babies.
Thankfully he likes cheese pic.twitter.com/5cE4SrgaR3
— shelbyjane (@shelbslord) February 28, 2019
The #cheesechallenge is now the latest viral challenge to take the internet by storm and it’s pretty simple: all you need is a slice of American cheese and an unsuspecting toddler.
The trend started on Thursday in a since-removed video by Twitter user @unclehxlmes. The video showed someone walking up to his unsuspecting younger sibling before flinging the slice of cheese into his face. The video had about 8 million views before it was taken down after it was discovered that @unclehxlmes wasn’t the original poster but stole it from a post he’d seen earlier on Facebook.
But that hasn’t stopped the rest of the internet from flooding the social sphere with thousands of videos just like this of people throwing pasteurized dairy product onto the faces of their unsuspecting children.
Some of the kids didn’t seem phased and even take a big bite afterward, some don’t know what’s going on, and some ended up shedding a tear or two after getting “cheesed.”
The fad isn’t just sticking around with those that have kids. Even pet owners are getting in on the action and are cheesing their dogs and cats, most of whom really enjoy the dairy slice.
— Kat Chapa (@KatChapa) March 3, 2019
— Amelia (@Amelia_424) March 3, 2019
— Stacey Nicole. (@Stacinatorrr) March 3, 2019
Some even improvised when no babies or cheese could be found.
— cass @ papers on papers (@tuskle_) March 1, 2019
— Kate (@TheHausElf) March 4, 2019
— Eddie Bowley (@Eddache_) March 1, 2019
The challenge does have its critics, though, with people calling it mean and criticizing parents that would do something like this to their babies.
Am I the only one who strongly dislike the #cheesechallenge ??
I find it unfunny and pretty violent for the baby …🙄😐
(If you don’t know this challenge ⤵⤵) pic.twitter.com/RmeuckY2CJ
— ℕ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕛𝕚𝕤🌙 (@Naartdjis) March 3, 2019
— Becca Gibson (@Beccagib09) March 3, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- West Valley house fire leaves 80-year-old dead
- UPDATE: Police say no bomb found after threat and evacuation at East High School
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Men without college degrees leaving the workforce, according to new study
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Two-vehicle crash on westbound I-80 creates heavy delays
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Mostly mountain snow expected this weekend through next week
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale