Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared for Their Mission
This article about getting your missionary prepared for their mission is sponsored by Mr Mac.
Serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a big honor and a big responsibility. If you have a family member about to serve a mission, here are 7 tips to get your missionary prepared for their mission.
1. Develop Your Social Skills
Social skills are incredibly important when serving a mission. Your future missionary should do your best not to fall into habits that isolate themselves from others. Spending too much time on their phone, for example, can take away from the people around them. Missionary work is heavily based on the interactions they have with people. Elder L. Tom Perry suggests getting a job prior to their mission that requires them to interact with other people.
2. Get in Shape and Eat Healthier
The average missionary is expected to work 12 to 15 hours per day, walk 6 to 8 miles per day, ride a bicycle 10 to 15 miles per day, and climb stairs every single day. Being in good physical fitness requires a future missionary to eat well and exercise daily. You can help your missionary prepare a diet that conforms to the Word of Wisdom, while also encouraging them to exercise more often.
3. Make Daily Time to Study
Regular study of the Book of Mormon is an important element for getting your future missionary prepared. Getting into a daily habit of studying the scriptures will prepare them to comfortably continue their studies as they are serving their mission.
4. Early to Bed, Early to Rise
Another great habit for a future missionary is developing a working sleep schedule. Their day will start at 6:30 AM and will end around 9:00 PM while they are serving. A full night of sleep is going to be best. And waking early is a necessity to get out and get moving while serving.
5. Save Money
The sooner your future missionary starts saving money for their mission, the more prepared they will be. It’s good to start a missionary fund as early as possible. And with the job they got to increase their social skills, they will also be able to earn toward their financial goals.
6. Sharing Their Testimony with Others
Missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are taught to share their testimony with each other, but learning to share that testimony with non-members can be more difficult. One thing that will help your future missionary share their testimony is by learning to control their emotions. There will be days of rejection and disappointment. But there will also be days of great joy and accomplishment as well.
7. Get Your Missionary Prepared by Picking Out the Suits
If your missionary is about to set sail, they’ll need the iconic 2 pant missionary suit! Let Mr Mac get you into your missionary suits at a great price. Check out Mr Mac’s Premium Missionary Package which includes one durable 2 pant suit, one pair of Ecco or Johnston & Murphy shoes, four wrinkle-free white shirts, and four washable ties. All for just $495
Plus, Mr Mac keeps a list with the items your missionary purchased along with his measurements. So Moms, Dads, & Grandparents who want to send their missionary any additional items they will have the right size, brands, & colors. Remember, no one buys, no one sells, and no one cares the way Mr Mac does. Absolutely no one!
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Christian Pulisic is day-to-day after being taken to hospital with pelvic contusion suffered…
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat