Search continues on Navajo Nation for missing 3-year-old
ANETH, Utah — A search continued Saturday along the San Juan River on the Utah portion of the Navajo Nation for a 3-year-old girl missing since late Thursday.
The Navajo Nation Police Department said in a statement on Facebook that over 100 volunteers searched for Anndine Jones on foot along 8 miles (12.87 kilometers) of the riverbed west of Aneth while boat crews from county, state and federal agencies covered 24 miles (39 kilometers) of the river.
Anndine Jones reportedly wandered away from her home.
Initial search efforts focused along a creek that feeds into the San Juan. The river is a tributary of the Colorado River and flows into Lake Powell.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail