Iowa boy falls to his death in Snow Canyon State Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A 13-year-old boy from Iowa fell to his death Sunday afternoon while visiting Utah, according to Snow Canyon State Park officials.
The boy, who was free climbing in the Pioneer Names area, fell “from a significant height and died due to injuries sustained from the fall,” Utah State Parks spokesperson Eugene Swalberg said.
Park officials and Washington County emergency personnel responded to the accident. The boy died at the scene.
According to Swalberg, the incident occurred in a popular recreation area with established climbing routes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Takeaways from first primaries since Roe v. Wade overturned
- Gov. Cox announces Utah Supreme Court nominee