Iowa boy falls to his death in Snow Canyon State Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A 13-year-old boy from Iowa fell to his death Sunday afternoon while visiting Utah, according to Snow Canyon State Park officials.
The boy, who was free climbing in the Pioneer Names area, fell “from a significant height and died due to injuries sustained from the fall,” Utah State Parks spokesperson Eugene Swalberg said.
Park officials and Washington County emergency personnel responded to the accident. The boy died at the scene.
According to Swalberg, the incident occurred in a popular recreation area with established climbing routes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision