Police investigate early morning murder in Avenues
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a murder in the upper Avenues area of Salt Lake City early this morning.
Police say they responded to a house at 797 Northcliffe Dr. N around 1:15 am to investigate reports of a fight. They found Cory Haney, 40, dead at the scene.
Police say there was also a suspect still there, who was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police did not provide any other details about the suspect or victim or how the victim died, but said they planned to issue further updates later on.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study