Police: Knife-wielding man shot in encounter with officers
HARRISVILLE, Utah (AP) — Harrisville police say a man was hospitalized in critical condition after being shot multiple times during an encounter with officers responding to a report of domestic disturbance.
The Harrisville Police Department says the man was wielding a knife in each hand when confronted Saturday by officers from several local police agencies and that he was shot after he advanced on officers and use of a stun gun failed to stop him.
No identities were released.
The incident will be investigated by a multi-agency task force led by the Weber County Attorney’s Office.
Harrisville is 36 miles (59 kilometers) north of Salt Lake City.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- The Queen Center
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…