6-year-old killed after being hit by vehicle
VINEYARD — The Utah County Sheriff’s office confirms a little girl has died after being hit by a vehicle backing out of a driveway in Vineyard.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the 6-year-old was riding a scooter when a neighbor driving a large SUV backed up without seeing her.
“They did make some initial efforts to resuscitate the child, but she did sustain some significant head trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene,” Cannon said.
Cannon says the collision appears accidental and there is no reason to believe the driver was impaired.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend