Barr reviewing origins of FBI’s Russia investigation
The official said Barr’s review is separate from the ongoing work being conducted by the Justice Department’s inspector general Michael Horowitz, but could not detail its precise scope nor explain how the work of US Attorney John Huber, who was also investigating surveillance matters, factors in at this stage.
The review was first reported by Bloomberg. Barr could address the issue further during questioning from lawmakers when he appears at Wednesday’s Senate appropriations hearing.
Barr briefly alluded to his own review on Tuesday during his House appropriations hearing, telling lawmakers, “I am reviewing the conduct of the investigation and trying to get my arms around all the aspects of the counterintelligence investigation that was conducted during the summer of 2016.”
He said Tuesday he expected Horowitz’s review, which includes the FBI’s process to obtain a surveillance warrant on former Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page, will be completed in “May or June.”
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted