Sorting out Jazz playoff scenarios
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz pulled away late and beat the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night, 118-108.
Donovan Mitchell tied his career-high with 46 points.
Rudy Gobert had 20 points and 10 rebounds for his 200th double-double in a Jazz uniform.
It was their 50th win, but they don’t get much of a turnaround. They face the LA Clippers in Los Angeles Wednesday night at 8:30 pm. It’s the last game of the regular season.
With the way other teams played Tuesday night, Utah currently sits in the fifth spot in the Western Conference playoff standings.
It seems likely that the first round opponent will be the Portland Trail Blazers or the Houston Rockets. If either Portland loses to Sacramento or Denver falls to the Timberwolves or both lose on Wednesday night, Utah will face Portland. Otherwise it will be Houston.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism