Jazz will face Rockets in first round of playoffs
LOS ANGELES — The outcome of the Utah Jazz’s contest against the L.A. Clippers wasn’t nearly as important, at least for the upcoming NBA playoffs, as the outcomes of a series of other games Wednesday night.
On Wednesday night, the Jazz sat out 7 players against the Clippers, and rookie Grayson Allen took the opportunity to shine.
He ended with 40 points while the Jazz lost in overtime 143-137.
— Utah Jazz PR (@UtahJazzPR) April 11, 2019
But that last game of the regular season for the Jazz was just a piece of the puzzle that makes up the Western Conference playoffs. Now, we know the Utah Jazz will play the Houston Rockets in the first round, with the first game Sunday night at 7:30.
The Jazz entered the night needing either the Timberwolves to beat the Nuggets or the Kings to beat the Trail Blazers in order to face Trail Blazers first. The Blazers were trying to lose and they won. The Timberwolves were trying to win and they lost. And that’s how Utah got to face Houston.
The Jazz will most likely play the Warriors in the second round if they get there.
See the rest of the schedule and other matchups at KSLsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help