Jazz will face Rockets in first round of playoffs
LOS ANGELES — The outcome of the Utah Jazz’s contest against the L.A. Clippers wasn’t nearly as important, at least for the upcoming NBA playoffs, as the outcomes of a series of other games Wednesday night.
On Wednesday night, the Jazz sat out 7 players against the Clippers, and rookie Grayson Allen took the opportunity to shine.
He ended with 40 points while the Jazz lost in overtime 143-137.
— Utah Jazz PR (@UtahJazzPR) April 11, 2019
But that last game of the regular season for the Jazz was just a piece of the puzzle that makes up the Western Conference playoffs. Now, we know the Utah Jazz will play the Houston Rockets in the first round, with the first game Sunday night at 7:30.
The Jazz entered the night needing either the Timberwolves to beat the Nuggets or the Kings to beat the Trail Blazers in order to face Trail Blazers first. The Blazers were trying to lose and they won. The Timberwolves were trying to win and they lost. And that’s how Utah got to face Houston.
The Jazz will most likely play the Warriors in the second round if they get there.
See the rest of the schedule and other matchups at KSLsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love