Police investigate late report of shooting at Jordan Landing
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Police say a teenager told them he was shot at Jordan Landing Wednesday night.
Juvenile from last nights shooting suffered minor injuries and is working with our detectives who are following leads. No additional info avail at this time.
— West Jordan Police Dept. (@WJPD_PIO) April 11, 2019
Officers say a 16-year-old showed up at a hospital with a gunshot wound and hospital staff started asking questions.
The teen said he was shot at Jordan Landing after they had stopped behind Zurchers to let their dog have a bathroom break.
West Jordan Police Sgt Jaycee Holt says that it was at that point a blue car pulled up and fired shots.
“There was a 16-year-old male juvenile who showed up at a local hospital and had a gunshot wound to his arm.”
Holt said a bullet grazed or hit the boy’s arm but his injuries aren’t serious. He was driven to the hospital by his sister and a friend.
Police tell us they found no evidence of a shooting and have no witnesses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam