Man angry about being a virgin pleads guilty to threatening women
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A man has pleaded guilty to a felony terroristic threat charge after authorities said he threating to target women in a mass shooting because he was a virgin and couldn’t get a girlfriend.
Utah prosecutor Chad Grunander tells the Deseret News that 27-year-old Christopher W. Cleary of Denver was in court on Thursday.
Police said Cleary wrote on Facebook he was planning to become a mass shooter because he was still a virgin and wanted to kill as many women as possible.
He was arrested during a trip to Provo, Utah, on January 19, the same day women’s marches were held around the country. Colorado authorities have said he was on probation after stalking and threatening women there.
His attorney Dustin Parmley did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession