U Police report attempted sexual assault in stadium parking lot
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah police reported an attempted sexual assault in the Rice Eccles Stadium parking lot early Saturday morning.
The attempted attack occurred at approximately 12:50 AM, according to University Police Sgt. Mark Veatupu. The victim is not affiliated with the University of Utah, Veatupu said.
The suspect left the scene eastbound on South Campus Drive, and was driving a dark colored extra cab Toyota Tacoma. Veatupu confirmed that the vehicle was later seen heading west and leaving campus.
The suspect is described as a white male with dark short hair, jeans and a dark jacket. Anyone with information about the assault or suspect is encouraged to call University of Utah Campus Police at (801) 585-2677.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?