SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities say a Nevada man reported missing and endangered has died in Utah in a car accident.
Utah Highway Patrol officials say 62-year-old Lief Johansson died at the scene of Saturday’s crash several miles north of Paragonah.
They say the car he was driving stopped in the middle of a lane on Interstate 15 and a semitrailer slammed into it.
State troopers are still investigating why Johansson stopped on the freeway.
Authorities say he was listed as a missing and endangered person with health issues and dementia.
Johansson was living in Henderson, Nevada.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings