Utah girl dragged behind bus after backpack gets caught
HEBER CITY, Utah (AP) — Authorities say 6-year-old Utah girl was hurt when she was dragged behind a school bus.
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Nick Street tells KSL-TV that girl’s backpack got stuck on part of the Wasatch County School District bus Monday afternoon.
Street says the girl was dragged 10 to 15 feet before the bus stopped again. She was taken to a hospital to treat scrapes and bruises on her head, arm and leg and later released.
Wasatch County School District Spokeswoman Kirsta Albert says the bus driver has been placed on administrative leave while the incident is being investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]