FARMINGTON, Utah (AP) — A Utah man convicted of killing his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
The Standard-Examiner reports 38-year-old Joshua Scott Schoenenberger was sentenced Wednesday after a jury found him guilty in October of first-degree aggravated murder for the death of JJ Sieger.
The former chief medical examiner told the court that the 2015 autopsy found several blunt force injuries to the child’s abdomen, head, torso and extremities as well as internal injuries.
Deputy Davis County Attorney Nathan Lyon told the court that the injuries amounted to a “bar fight between a grown man and defenseless toddler.”
Judge John Morris said that Schoenenberger had attacked the child because of issues with toilet training, describing the Layton man’s actions as “indifferent and cruel.”
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening (pageviews: 13948)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10004)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover (pageviews: 4872)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4288)
- US surgeons successfully perform double lung transplant on Covid-19 patient for first time | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3730)
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3532)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified (pageviews: 2532)
- The bubonic plague is back again in China's Inner Mongolia (pageviews: 2001)