NBA rescinds technical on Warriors’ Durant, Clippers’ Green
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA has rescinded technical fouls called on Golden State’s Kevin Durant and JaMychal Green of the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series.
The players were called for double technicals early in the third quarter Thursday night at Staples Center as they jawed at each other. The Warriors won 132-105 and lead the series 2-1.
Both players protested the call, and the league rescinded it Friday.
Durant had been ejected from Game 1 with a double technical and he had accumulated three of the seven fouls allotted before the NBA would issue a one-game suspension until the latest tech was withdrawn.
Durant said after the game Thursday that he hoped the foul would be rescinded because he doesn’t want to jeopardize the two-time defending champions going forward.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting
- Coronavirus Prevention
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Update: Evacuations LIFTED for Battle Creek 2 fire in Pleasant Grove
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest