Utah Greyhound passengers possibly exposed to hepatitis A
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Health officials in Idaho say anyone who used an on-board restroom during a Greyhound bus trip from Salt Lake City to Boise on April 10 might have been exposed to hepatitis A.
The Central District Health Department in Idaho is asking anyone who used the restroom to contact them to get information about potential exposure.
The district says riders on the bus from Utah to Idaho who were exposed could receive a vaccine to protect them from the virus through April 23.
Hepatitis A is a viral infection of the liver spread through the feces of an infected person.
Most infected adults suffer fatigue, low appetite, stomach pain, nausea, and jaundice — symptoms that usually end within two months of infection.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting