RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — A crash involving an RV and a Starbucks Coffee Shop has knocked out power to traffic lights and also created a gas leak near 2100 S. State Street.
Salt Lake City fire crews extricated a person from a motor vehicle collision at 2100 S State St. 3 people total were injured and transported to local hospitals. Street lights are out and traffic will be affected. pic.twitter.com/arEOd8e5Ua
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) April 22, 2019
The Salt Lake City Fire Department says crews responded after the RV and a pickup truck collided, propelling the RV into the drive-thru side of the Starbucks.
Firefighters extricated one person from the RV and transported them to the hospital with significant but non-life threatening injuries. A second person in the RV and one person in the truck had minor injuries. No one inside the building was hurt.
The police department tweeted out that the traffic lights were out in all directions at that intersection, and drivers could expect congestion in the area for some time.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]