RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — A crash involving an RV and a Starbucks Coffee Shop has knocked out power to traffic lights and also created a gas leak near 2100 S. State Street.
Salt Lake City fire crews extricated a person from a motor vehicle collision at 2100 S State St. 3 people total were injured and transported to local hospitals. Street lights are out and traffic will be affected. pic.twitter.com/arEOd8e5Ua
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) April 22, 2019
The Salt Lake City Fire Department says crews responded after the RV and a pickup truck collided, propelling the RV into the drive-thru side of the Starbucks.
Firefighters extricated one person from the RV and transported them to the hospital with significant but non-life threatening injuries. A second person in the RV and one person in the truck had minor injuries. No one inside the building was hurt.
The police department tweeted out that the traffic lights were out in all directions at that intersection, and drivers could expect congestion in the area for some time.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment