SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will give special honor to the family of Major Brent Taylor on Thursday.
The 39-year-old former North Ogden Mayor was working toward his doctoral degree in political science when he started his fourth deployment with the Army National Guard where he was killed last fall.
At the U’s commencement Thursday, Major Taylor will receive a posthumous Ph.D. that will be presented to his widow, Jennie Taylor.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 188971)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 8159)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7820)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6273)
- Utah to move into next phase of coronavirus plan, state leaders confirm | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6100)
- Salt Lake County releases a schedule for re-opening parks and facilities (pageviews: 4355)
- Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has died (pageviews: 4223)
- Utah may shift COVID-19 plan to focus on elderly, minority communities (pageviews: 3605)