Major Brent Taylor to be receive posthumous Ph.D.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will give special honor to the family of Major Brent Taylor on Thursday.
The 39-year-old former North Ogden Mayor was working toward his doctoral degree in political science when he started his fourth deployment with the Army National Guard where he was killed last fall.
At the U’s commencement Thursday, Major Taylor will receive a posthumous Ph.D. that will be presented to his widow, Jennie Taylor.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?