SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will give special honor to the family of Major Brent Taylor on Thursday.
The 39-year-old former North Ogden Mayor was working toward his doctoral degree in political science when he started his fourth deployment with the Army National Guard where he was killed last fall.
At the U’s commencement Thursday, Major Taylor will receive a posthumous Ph.D. that will be presented to his widow, Jennie Taylor.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings