Ivory Homes- Planting Trees
Trees are essential to life because they create the very air we breathe and filter air pollution. Ivory Homes has generously committed to donate and plant 30,000 trees in Utah to improve air quality and protect our quality of life. Trees provide economic benefit by providing shade for your house that reduces heating and cooling bills and well treed homes can raise your property value by up to 15%. Planting a fruit tree can provide fresh produce throughout the season. Each new tree cleans up to 48 pounds of carbon dioxide annually, making our air cleaner. During a storm, the canopy and root systems act as a sponge and filter, cleaning the water as it seeps into the water table.
All these benefits are important for protecting and rejuvenating our planet and can also provide social and psychological benefits by reducing stress and increasing concentration. Join us on April 26th to plant trees at Mount View Park in Cottonwood Heights.
If you want to help out, please let us know on UtahGivesBack.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips