Provo Police: Woman dies after being shot in the head
PROVO – The Provo Police Department said it was investigating a shooting after a 27-year-old woman suffered a fatal gunshot to the head Tuesday afternoon near Center Street.
The woman, reported as Freya Larsen, was in critical condition and taken to Utah Valley Hospital, but later authorities say she died from her injuries.
Police Sgt. Nisha King says the department blocked some lanes between 300 East and 400 South while they investigate as of Tuesday afternoon. Police are allowing drivers to go through the area, but an alternate route is suggested.
Please avoid the area between 300 and 400 East Center Steeet.
— Provo Police (@ProvoPolice) May 7, 2019
A 27-year-old man made the phone call to police and is currently in custody as a person of interest. Investigators are unsure as to the relationship between the him and Larsen.
Police said there was no danger to the public.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Utah wildfires currently burning within the state