Did you know gardening can reduce your risk for Dementia? That’s not the only thing gardening is good for either. It’s a great way to enjoy fresh air, get active, and boost your mood. Gardening can be enjoyed by all, whether you’re 8 or 80, it’s a great hobby anyone can add to their routine. Spring is here, it’s time to start planting.
You can also enjoy gardening amongst friends, neighbors, and strangers by joining a community garden. This is a great way to meet people in your area, share tips, tricks, and grow your own produce if you don’t have room in your own backyard. These spaces provide great opportunities to learn new things, teach others a new skill, or a time to get your hands dirty.
To get one of your own, try searching for the nearest community garden and get started this spring. Some gardens have financial assistance programs so that no one misses out. Who knows, you may just discover a green thumb you never knew you had.
SelectHealth recognizes the healthy lifestyle promoted by community gardens as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport