PROVO – BYU Basketball will be seeing some new faces in part thanks to its new coach Mark Pope, who the program hired to replace now retired Dave Rose.
Pope coached at Utah Valley University last season and he is bringing some of the talent he had there to join the Cougars.
BYU Basketball announced Richard Harward (Orem High School), Wyatt Lowell (Gilbert, Arizona), and Trey Stewart (American Fork High School) have all signed on to play for the Cougars. Both Harward and Lowell played at UVU.
Harward, Lowell And Stewart Sign With BYU
— BYU Basketball (@BYUbasketball) May 8, 2019
Harward averaged 6.9 points and pulled down 4.9 rebounds per game for the Wolverines. Lowell was the WAC’s Freshman of the Year last season as he led all WAC freshmen in scoring, rebounding, and steals during conference play.
Harward and Lowell will have to sit out next season due to NCAA transfer rules. Harward still has two years of eligibility and Lowell has three.
Stewart will suit up for the Cougars in two years as he will graduate and then serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England.
He originally signed up to play for Pope at UVU, but with the coach making the transition to BYU, Stewart followed. The American Fork star led his Cavemen to the 6A Utah state championship this last season as well.
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 8958)
- Grant Imahara, host of 'MythBusters' and 'White Rabbit Project,' has died (pageviews: 4574)
- Body found near I-15 in Juab County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2930)
- Walmart will start requiring all customers to wear masks (pageviews: 2418)
- Daniel Lewis Lee executed after Supreme Court clears the way for first federal execution in 17 years (pageviews: 2146)
- Working from home can soon mean working in Barbados for up to a year (pageviews: 2114)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1922)
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1719)