This article about activities to do with your family at a county fair is sponsored by the Davis County Fair.
With summer just getting started, you’re looking for new ways to entertain the family. Why not try your local county fair? There are thrills, there’s food, and there’s fun for the whole family. Here are four things you shouldn’t miss on your visit to your local county fair.
The animals are one of the best parts of any county fair.
There are all sorts of activity options for animal lovers young and old. At the Davis County Fair, you’ll find a petting zoo, a bunny barn, a hen house, and even pony rides. You can even bring your amazing diving dog to the fair to take part in DockDogs where dogs that love jumping can compete for the prize in vertical height, air time, or speed retrieval.
The Davis County Fair also has live animal shows courtesy of the Monte L. Bean Museum. It’s the perfect way to pass the time with your young animal fanatic.
2. Stunts and Races
If you like a bit more adventure, the fair still has plenty for you to do.
County fairs have all sorts of entertainment, especially of the stunt and racing variety. The Davis County Fair stunt show this year include Robbie Pflunder’s Mountain Bike stunt show. You can see Robbie Pfunder, the 3 time Mountain Trials champion, kick, flip, and jump on his mountain bike!
And don’t forget to check out the Nerveless Nocks Superhero Stunt show where you can see high flying trapeze, the globe of death, and dancing on the wheel of steel.
View this post on Instagram
What is a county fair without food? Boring, that’s what. Fair food is a league all its own. There’s deep-fried and bacon-wrapped everything, all served on the classic fair food vessel: a stick.
Start with classic foods, like onion rings and fries (of the cheese, chili, and garlic varieties), and finish off with the sweet stuff. Cotton candy, anyone? Maybe funnel cake is more your speed? There are even food rivalries at county fairs, much like the legendary rivals of tailgating food. Whose side are you on?
If you can conceive of it as a snack food, there’s a chance this year’s Davis County Fair might have it at one of the many food trucks they will be bringing in. Just get ready for some YUM!
4. Live Music
View this post on Instagram
Live music is a staple at any fair. But big acts like GENTRI can be hard to come by. Ok, the incredible artists of GENTRI aren’t appearing at just any county fair. They are performing at this year’s Davis County Fair. Utah’s own GENTRI is comprised of three incredible tenors: Brad Robins, Casey Elliott, and Bradley Quinn Lever. GENTRI, “The Gentleman Trio” and was founded in June 2014 and will be performing their signature sound that the group calls “Cinematic Pop.”
Two of members grew up in Davis County and now they perform all over the United States with many of their albums reaching #1 on various Billboard charts.
The Davis County Fair also will also feature Salt Rock City on Thursday night, Maddie Wilson on Friday night, and The People’s Thieves on Saturday night.
Fun and Family at Your Local County Fair
When you visit your local county fair, make sure to do your homework before you arrive. Check what offerings are available and what would be most interesting to each person so that you can make sure to hit all the sights.
- 3,100 homes evacuated in Saratoga Springs after lightning sparks fire near Utah Lake (pageviews: 13356)
- Update: Evacuations extended in Saratoga Springs after lightning sparks fire near Utah Lake | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13319)
- Fireworks spark fire, force evacuations in Traverse Mountain area | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7554)
- Lightning sparks fire near Utah Lake; some Saratoga Springs neighborhoods evacuated | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5541)
- Fireworks spark fire, force evacuations in Traverse Mountain area (pageviews: 3238)
- 3,100 homes evacuated in Saratoga Springs after lightning sparks fire near Utah Lake | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2854)
- Update: Suspected shooters from Provo protest arrested in SLC (pageviews: 2829)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2814)