Saucedo leads Real Salt Lake over Toronto FC 3-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) — Sebastián Saucedo had a goal and an assist to help Real Salt Lake beat Toronto FC 3-0 on Saturday.
Damir Kreilach opened the scoring for Real Salt Lake (5-6-1) in the 14th minute, chest trapping Albert Rusnák’s cross in the middle of the area and finishing it after deflections off a pair of defenders.
RSL took a 2-0 lead in the 28th minute on Saucedo’s goal, a 25-yard shot after dribbling it into the middle of the field from the left wing.
Jefferson Savarino chased down Saucedo’s long ball and cut back on Justin Morrow for an open shot to make it 3-0 in the 60th minute.
Toronto FC (5-5-2) went down a man a minute later when Alejandro Pozuelo received his second yellow card.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Shortage of baby formula continues to worry parents