PROVO, Utah — Police in Provo are trying to find the vandal who sprayed graffiti on the Edgemont 2nd Ward meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Saturday night.
Police Detective Nick Dupaix says the vandals also hit the fence around the property.
“There’s just a lot of profanity, some anti-religious remarks. I think there was an anti-Trump remark on there,” Dupaix said.
Dupaix says the department has specialists who are familiar with taggers and graffiti and can even recognize the handwriting of some vandals. They’ll be investigating the case.
The damage was extensive, and Dupaix says it could cost thousands of dollars to clean up. Provo City has a program to help property owners clean up and paint over graffiti.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings