PROVO, Utah — Police in Provo are trying to find the vandal who sprayed graffiti on the Edgemont 2nd Ward meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Saturday night.
Police Detective Nick Dupaix says the vandals also hit the fence around the property.
“There’s just a lot of profanity, some anti-religious remarks. I think there was an anti-Trump remark on there,” Dupaix said.
Dupaix says the department has specialists who are familiar with taggers and graffiti and can even recognize the handwriting of some vandals. They’ll be investigating the case.
The damage was extensive, and Dupaix says it could cost thousands of dollars to clean up. Provo City has a program to help property owners clean up and paint over graffiti.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 11015)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4236)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 4013)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3385)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2066)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1595)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1375)
- Salt Lake County Mayor considers extending stay home order to Memorial Day or longer (pageviews: 1069)