Missionary suffers accidental asphyxiation in Mexico
FORT WORTH, Texas — A Texas family is mourning the loss of a 19-year-old missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, after a case of accidental asphyxiation.
Elder Andrew Carr of Fort Worth died Saturday morning as a result of fumes from a faulty water heater in his Mexico Mexico City Northwest Mission apartment.
The missionary’s companion was unharmed.
“We extend our deepest sympathies to his parents and loved ones as they deal with this tragedy,” church spokesman Daniel Woodruff said. “We pray they will be sustained and feel the comfort of the Holy Spirit during this difficult time.”
Elder Car had been serving in Mexico since October 2018.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito