Teen killed in bike crash in Davis County
WOODS CROSS, Utah — A 15-year-old Woods Cross teen has died after suffering a crash on his bike.
Police say the boy’s family went looking for him Tuesday evening when he didn’t return from a bike ride.
His family then pinged his phone leading them to the Tractor Supply Co. on Redwood Road where they found him after his crash.
Police say it appears the teen crashed and suffered a head injury on his fall and may have been there for 20-30 minutes before being found.
First responders tried to save him, but he was pronounced dead on the scene.
His name is expected to be released Wednesday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high