Funeral to be held Tuesday for slain 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley
LOGAN, Utah (AP) — A funeral service is scheduled Tuesday afternoon in Logan, Utah, for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley, a homicide victim who disappeared May 25 and whose body was found Wednesday less than a block from her home.
Her 1 p.m. funeral at the Nyman Funeral Home in Logan will be preceded by a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. Saturday on the historic Cache County Courthouse’s front steps and public viewings from 6-8 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Interment at Logan City Cemetery will follow the funeral.
Alex Whipple, a 21-year-old uncle of the girl, is charged with killing her.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High