Officer-involved shooting in West Haven
WEST HAVEN, Utah — There is a large police presence in the Weber County city of West Haven Monday morning after an officer-involved shooting late Sunday night.
Weber County Sheriff Lt. Matt Jensen said that Roy City Police responded to multiple calls of gunshots fired just before midnight in what they later found out was a domestic disturbance near 4300 South and 4300 West.
The suspect then fled on foot according to police and was then quickly found by two Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies near 4000 S 4500 W where police say he pulled a gun on officers and was shot multiple times.
Lt. Jensen said that the suspect is currently in surgery in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend