Officer-involved shooting in West Haven
WEST HAVEN, Utah — There is a large police presence in the Weber County city of West Haven Monday morning after an officer-involved shooting late Sunday night.
Weber County Sheriff Lt. Matt Jensen said that Roy City Police responded to multiple calls of gunshots fired just before midnight in what they later found out was a domestic disturbance near 4300 South and 4300 West.
The suspect then fled on foot according to police and was then quickly found by two Weber County Sheriff’s Deputies near 4000 S 4500 W where police say he pulled a gun on officers and was shot multiple times.
Lt. Jensen said that the suspect is currently in surgery in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony