Provo police say a bystander shot a man who was fighting a woman
PROVO, Utah — Provo Police are investigating a shooting outside student housing that kept investigators on scene into the early morning hours.
Police say shortly after 8 PM Monday night 26-year-old Jeremy Sorensen was in a fight with an unnamed 18-year-old outside an apartment building near 500 N and 200 E.
Police Sgt Nisha King says another man driving by witnessed the fight and, “the male pulled up, there was some sort of verbal exchange and then the uninvolved male was the one who pulled out the weapon and shot the male involved in the domestic.”
That man was shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. The woman also went to the hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in the fight. She’s expected to be ok.
Provo Police have identified the man as Jeremy Sorensen, 26, and say that he has died.
Police say the shooter is cooperating.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers