It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and has become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Saturday Farmers Market has infused vitality into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; to build community gathering places; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local.
The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches. In addition to fruits and vegetables, you will find handmade, locally-produced food items, beverages, and works of art. Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Come visit the SelectHealth booth to grab a reusable bag and a food sample from Chef Mary!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from the farmers markets as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help