Adoptive Families Coalition
Jim and Jackie’s world changed forever when they unexpectedly discovered the severe emotional, behavioral, and mental health challenges of their adopted baby. They needed financial support for intensive therapeutic treatment not covered by insurance, but after searching they realized the funding wasn’t out there. So, they started the Adoptive Families Coalition to help families going through the same struggles.
They fill a gap for post adoption financial support to help children get the care they need through a sponsorship program that assists families all over the U.S. with the high cost of treatment.
In addition to this sponsorship program, they have a support center in Logan. The center is a comfortable, fun space that encourages connection and promotes an overall sense of well-being through free weekly art, music and yoga classes, and workshops. They are there to help families navigate obstacles and get the support they need.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing touch provided by the Adoptive Families Coalition as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers