Box Elder Community Food Pantry
Many of us are only a few paychecks away from needing help with childcare, medical care, or the grocery bill. Food pantries are essential to help get food to those who need that extra boost. The Box Elder Community Food Pantry in Brigham City is a customer choice pantry that allows people to choose their own food just like a grocery store.
So many of us don’t realize the disparities that exist in our own communities, but our neighbors and friends are suffering with hunger every single day. One in eight people in Utah are at risk of missing a meal today. Food pantries provide a way to put a meal on the table without breaking the bank.
The Box Elder Community Food Pantry encourages gardeners to “Grow a Row” in their gardens to donate or consider donating your time or money, so that one more person has a full belly tonight.
SelectHealth recognizes the critical role of the Box Elder Community Food Pantry as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field