Box Elder Community Food Pantry
Many of us are only a few paychecks away from needing help with childcare, medical care, or the grocery bill. Food pantries are essential to help get food to those who need that extra boost. The Box Elder Community Food Pantry in Brigham City is a customer choice pantry that allows people to choose their own food just like a grocery store.
So many of us don’t realize the disparities that exist in our own communities, but our neighbors and friends are suffering with hunger every single day. One in eight people in Utah are at risk of missing a meal today. Food pantries provide a way to put a meal on the table without breaking the bank.
The Box Elder Community Food Pantry encourages gardeners to “Grow a Row” in their gardens to donate or consider donating your time or money, so that one more person has a full belly tonight.
SelectHealth recognizes the critical role of the Box Elder Community Food Pantry as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?