Police search for suspected “armed and dangerous” white supremacist
WEST VALLEY CITY — Unified Police are looking for a suspected white supremacist accused of running away after an overnight car chase from Taylorsville to West Valley City.
A police sergeant said he spotted James Carter, whom he recognized from previous run-ins, riding in a stolen car around 12:00 a.m. He said the woman who was driving took off after the officer tried to pull them over.
Officers threw down a spike strip near 3100 South 3200 West and the car eventually stopped at Beaver Street and Lehi Drive.
Police say they arrested the woman after setting up a perimeter with assistance from K-9 officers, but say Carter escaped.
Carter is described as armed and dangerous.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000