Fire along I-215 under investigation
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City firefighters believe a vagrant who was smoking may have accidentally started a fire that was visible to drivers along I-215.
A tree caught fire just before 5:00 a.m. Monday along Decker Lake near the Maverik Center.
No one was around when firefighters arrived on the scene, but they are sure a person started it.
West Valley City Fire says they had a little trouble getting to the blaze. The fire did not spread far because there were not a lot of dry grasses due to the wet and cool weather Salt Lake County has had recently.
Utah Highway Patrol kept traffic away from the area until the fire was extinguished about an hour later.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash