Police: Utah teen safe after truck she was sleeping in was stolen
By FOX 12 WEB STAFF
PORTLAND, Or. (KPTV) — A suspect is sought after Gresham, Oregon police say they stole a pickup truck with a Utah teen girl sleeping inside.
Police said the pickup was stolen at around 1 a.m. Friday while the girl’s parents were checking into the Days Inn, located at 24124 Southeast Stark Street.
The pickup and the teen, 16, were located a short distance away at Northeast 38th Drive and Country Club Avenue. Police said the suspect abandoned the vehicle when they realized the teen was inside.
Officers and a K-9 team checked the area, but have not located the suspect.
Police said the teen was reunited with her parents
The owner of the truck and father of the teen, Chris Sorensen, told FOX 12 that a woman stole the pickup. He also said the woman took the keys, his cell phone, and his wife’s wallet.
Sorensen said his family is in town from Utah to watch his nephew compete in a motocross competition in Washougal this weekend.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured