Real Salt Lake, Chicago Fire play to 1-1 tie
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Albert Rusnak scored on a penalty kick in the 33rd minute to help Real Salt Lake tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday night.
The free kick was set up when Mohammed Adams was called for a hand ball in the penalty area. Rusnak has six goals this season.
Chicago struck early when Aleksandar Katai scored in the fifth minute on a free kick. Katai came up empty at the 82nd when he fired a solid shot from the right that was just wide.
Chicago (4-6-7) extended its home unbeaten streak to seven. Real Salt Lake (6-8-2) has been outscored 8-1 in its last three games.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?