BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) — Albert Rusnak scored on a penalty kick in the 33rd minute to help Real Salt Lake tie the Chicago Fire 1-1 on Saturday night.
The free kick was set up when Mohammed Adams was called for a hand ball in the penalty area. Rusnak has six goals this season.
Chicago struck early when Aleksandar Katai scored in the fifth minute on a free kick. Katai came up empty at the 82nd when he fired a solid shot from the right that was just wide.
Chicago (4-6-7) extended its home unbeaten streak to seven. Real Salt Lake (6-8-2) has been outscored 8-1 in its last three games.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings