Missing student met someone before she went missing, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is seeking the public’s help to locate missing University of Utah student 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck.
Assistant Chief of Police Tim Doubt says that Lueck took a Lyft from the Salt Lake International Airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake on June 17. Police say they have interviewed the Lyft driver.
The unnamed Lyft driver told police that when Lueck got out of the Lyft driver’s car she met someone at the park who had a vehicle. Lueck did not appear to be under any distress, according to the driver.
Lueck got into that car and then left, police say.
The person who met Lueck at Hatch Park is unidentified.
Chief Doubt says that police have no evidence of harm or foul play involving Lueck.
Police want to know if Lueck has an alternate cell phone. Lueck is not answering her main cell phone number, Chief Doubt says.
The police are asking the public if anyone knows if Lueck has any social media accounts that the police are not aware of.
Mackenzie Lueck has been missing for one week. She has missed a school midterm, which is reportedly not typical behavior for her.
Lueck missed a flight to California that she was set to be on a few days after her disappearance, police say.
Police say that because Lueck is an adult she has a right to remain hidden, but the police ask that she reach out to police to confirm she is safe.
The Salt Lake Police Department has provided a tip line for anyone who may have information about her disappearance.
The tip line exclusively provided for the search for Lueck is 801-799-4420.
The police want to receive information from anyone may have seen something or may have surveillance information from the area of Hatch Park from the early morning of June 17.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree