SALT LAKE CITY — Police investigating the disappearance of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck said Wednesday they were looking into her cell phone activity when she arrived at the airport on June 17.
Salt Lake City Police say they have received more than 125 tips Lueck went missing, and are tracking down every one.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) June 26, 2019
Detective Michael Ruff says most of the tips have come from Utah, but they are fielding calls from across the country.
“This has garnered national attention, so we’re getting people calling from all over,” Ruff says.
Officers will not say what types of tips they have been getting, only that the tip line remains open.
Police are also encouraging people to come forward if they know something and not just post it on social media. Anyone with information can call 801-799-4420.
Lueck was reportedly last seen getting into a car at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake in the early morning hours of June 17.
She had taken a Lyft ride from Salt Lake City International Airport to get there, but the driver has not been named as a suspect since he picked up other fares shortly after dropping her off. Police said the driver cooperated with the investigation.
Police have also been looking into Lueck’s dating history for clues into her disappearance.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 27327)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 6865)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 6175)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5062)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4336)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3766)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 3341)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2473)
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date (pageviews: 2074)