One person killed by Orem greenhouse explosion
OREM — Police say one person is dead after an explosion at a greenhouse near 1600 W. 1600 N. in Orem.
Lt. Trent Colledge tells KSL the man was using a compressed air tank to help spray plants at Cook’s Greenhouse, when it failed, then exploded.
Police later identified the victim as Efren Perez-Sanchez, 39, of Lindon.
There was no immediate word on what caused the tank to fail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- U of U community reacts to discovery of hidden cameras in campus bathrooms
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County