One person killed by Orem greenhouse explosion
OREM — Police say one person is dead after an explosion at a greenhouse near 1600 W. 1600 N. in Orem.
Lt. Trent Colledge tells KSL the man was using a compressed air tank to help spray plants at Cook’s Greenhouse, when it failed, then exploded.
Police later identified the victim as Efren Perez-Sanchez, 39, of Lindon.
There was no immediate word on what caused the tank to fail.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism