SALT LAKE CITY – It was a quiet first round, but the Utah Jazz were plenty busy in the next one towards the ends as they selected three different second round draft picks in the 2019 NBA Draft.
The team took Jarrell Brantley from College of Charleston at No. 50, Hofstra guard Justin Wright-Foreman at No. 53, and Yale wing Miye Oni at No. 58.
The newest Jazzmen introduce themselves to the Utah media. pic.twitter.com/jWfeEWvGYH
— KSL Sports (@kslsports) June 27, 2019
Players selected in the 2nd Round are not guaranteed a roster spot. So the players will still have to earn their way in Summer League play and possibly camp this fall. However, with the personnel changes and the current cap space of the team, there may be a chance for them to make the roster.
They all still have to prove themselves and so all three players are hungry.
“Extra motivation is an understatement,” said Wright-Foreman. “If I could speak for all of us here, we’re just here with a chip on our shoulder and we work like it every day.”
Yale product Miye Oni agrees.
“A lot of us were under-recruited and maybe overlooked so we just try to put the most we can into every day,” said Oni.
Read more at KSL Sports.
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)