Ogden church fire causes $40,000 in damage
OGDEN — A fire caused significant damage to a meetinghouse of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ogden on Friday. Officials estimate that the fire caused $40,000 worth of damage.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman says the fire only affected one wing of the church.
Firefighters reported that there were no injuries in connection with the church fire.
Fire Chief Bauman says that fire crews arrived at the meetinghouse at approximately 10:35 a.m. on Friday.
Upon their arrival, firefighters reported that there was smoke coming from inside the building.
The church is located at 500 E. 900 North in Ogden.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as well as the State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in the investigation.
“Anytime there’s a fire in a church, they are involved,” Bauman said.
Official have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- New details in death of Alex Cox, suspect in the murders of missing Idaho children
- Tropical Storm Colin brings rain to Carolinas, weakens
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City