Ogden church fire causes $40,000 in damage
OGDEN — A fire caused significant damage to a meetinghouse of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Ogden on Friday. Officials estimate that the fire caused $40,000 worth of damage.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman says the fire only affected one wing of the church.
Firefighters reported that there were no injuries in connection with the church fire.
Fire Chief Bauman says that fire crews arrived at the meetinghouse at approximately 10:35 a.m. on Friday.
Upon their arrival, firefighters reported that there was smoke coming from inside the building.
The church is located at 500 E. 900 North in Ogden.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as well as the State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in the investigation.
“Anytime there’s a fire in a church, they are involved,” Bauman said.
Official have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]