You don’t have to be a millionaire to get some love on Utah billboards
PROVO — Billboards may be the new way to get a date in Utah, even if you are not a millionaire.
Two billboards on I-15 in Utah County point out that if you missed your chance to date the millionaire who famously advertised he was looking for a date, now’s your chance to settle for much, much less.
They advertise a site called date-braden.com
there is truly no place like utah pic.twitter.com/foTu6IbpLz
— alex martinez (@callmemartini) June 28, 2019
A 24-year-old BYU grad named Braden Sharp is behind it. He told KSL.com that used a work bonus to pay for it.
The site lists skills including humor, remembering birthdays, and cleaning. He explains how he is slightly-above-average in distance running and in having nice hair. He says he knows 12 songs on the guitar, and he will be able to help his future children with their math homework.
Sharpe said he’s received about 400 emails and 18,000 hits on his website since the billboards went up in June.
He says he’s even had four dates so far, but more people have written to tell him they got a good laugh.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers