New wildfire sparks in Spanish Fork Canyon
UTAH COUNTY – Utah Wildfire Info confirms a new wildfire sparked in Spanish Fork Canyon Wednesday afternoon and as of about 9:00 PM has burned approximately 30-plus acres.
The fire is on the north side of Highway 6 near Thistle Junction according to Jason Curry with Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 4, 2019
The flames originally were reported about 5:30 PM and grew up to 15 acres by 6:30 PM.
Wednesday evening crews did not know the cause of the blaze and will continue to investigate, but believe it is human caused. It is being called the Long Hollow Fire. Utah Fire Info says there are multiple engines, helicopter, and Alta Hotshots on scene.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July