UTAH COUNTY – Utah Wildfire Info confirms a new wildfire sparked in Spanish Fork Canyon Wednesday afternoon and as of about 9:00 PM has burned approximately 30-plus acres.
The fire is on the north side of Highway 6 near Thistle Junction according to Jason Curry with Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 4, 2019
The flames originally were reported about 5:30 PM and grew up to 15 acres by 6:30 PM.
Wednesday evening crews did not know the cause of the blaze and will continue to investigate, but believe it is human caused. It is being called the Long Hollow Fire. Utah Fire Info says there are multiple engines, helicopter, and Alta Hotshots on scene.
This story will be updated.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings