WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are looking for answers after a 15-year-old boy was shot in the shoulder Sunday night.
The teen was reportedly talking to someone inside a black SUV in the parking lot of the West Valley’s City Park at about 7:50 p.m.
Police said that at some point during the conversation, the teen suddenly took off running, which is when witnesses reported hearing three to four shots.
One of those shots hit the teen in the shoulder. He was taken to the hospital and has been reported in fair condition.
Police have been canvassing the area talking to witnesses, but say that they expect that they will be able to hopefully gain information from the victim.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings