Teen shot in shoulder at West Valley park over weekend
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are looking for answers after a 15-year-old boy was shot in the shoulder Sunday night.
The teen was reportedly talking to someone inside a black SUV in the parking lot of the West Valley’s City Park at about 7:50 p.m.
Police said that at some point during the conversation, the teen suddenly took off running, which is when witnesses reported hearing three to four shots.
One of those shots hit the teen in the shoulder. He was taken to the hospital and has been reported in fair condition.
Police have been canvassing the area talking to witnesses, but say that they expect that they will be able to hopefully gain information from the victim.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought