Teen shot in shoulder at West Valley park over weekend
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley City Police are looking for answers after a 15-year-old boy was shot in the shoulder Sunday night.
The teen was reportedly talking to someone inside a black SUV in the parking lot of the West Valley’s City Park at about 7:50 p.m.
Police said that at some point during the conversation, the teen suddenly took off running, which is when witnesses reported hearing three to four shots.
One of those shots hit the teen in the shoulder. He was taken to the hospital and has been reported in fair condition.
Police have been canvassing the area talking to witnesses, but say that they expect that they will be able to hopefully gain information from the victim.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony