DRAPER, Utah (AP) — A former Utah high school dance teacher convicted of dealing drugs and having sex with juveniles is seeking parole.
The Deseret News reports 30-year-old Sarah Lindsay Lewis was a dance and social studies teacher at Landmark High School in Spanish Fork before she was convicted in 2017 of unlawful sexual activity with a student.
She was placed on probation, but the following summer she was arrested twice for selling drugs to juveniles. She was convicted and sentenced to prison last year.
Lewis said at a parole hearing she struggled with marital problems but is willing to complete sex-offender treatment and serve as much time as needed.
The board decided to hold a rehearing in December 2020, after she completes the treatment.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings